St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner. Do you have a yummy treat to serve to the kids after school or at work with your friends? Maybe you are throwing a fun party and are looking for a festive addition to your snack bar. Well this super yummy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip will not disappoint!
I love to make every holiday fun and festive in our home and St. Patrick’s Day is no different. The boy’s love waking up to see what the Leprechaun has brought them in the morning but this year I wanted to add a few fun treats leading up to the holiday. Oreo Thins are a big hit in our home so I decided to make a cookie dough dip that would pair perfectly with these chocolatey crispy cookies.
To keep with the St. Patrick’s Day theme, I covered the Oreo’s with an edible gold spray paint. The new twist on Oreo’s are crisp, thin and delicate cookies that the boys LOVE! Snacking on these cookies was like having their own personal pot of gold. I’m glad that I was able to find them at Walmart; these cookies didn’t last long in our home. I’m so glad that my sister told me about them!
I’m sure that you are dying to find out how to make this sweet treat so be sure to check out our video tutorial.
What type of traditions do you have for St. Patrick’s Day? What type of treats do you and your loved ones enjoy? Be sure to share with us in the comment section below.
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 8-12 drops green food coloring (as much as you desire)
- 3 tablespoons of evaporated cooking milk
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars in a medium mixing bowl until it is light and fluffy.
- Add extracts and salt. Mix well.
- Slowly sprinkle in the flour while mixing.
- When the dough becomes thick add the food coloring until your desired color is reached.
- Mix in the milk.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Serve with the Oreo's or with a cookie of your choice.